Debbie Taylor, the Education Social Worker
Hello! I am Debbie Taylor, the Education Social Worker at Springhallow Post-16.
- Working Hours: Monday and Tuesday from 8.30am – 4pm
- Contact Me: 07534 405686 or [email protected]
My role here is to support both the young people and their families.
I am able to:
- Assist you by liaising with services and professionals involved in your life such as housing, Social Services and CAMHS.
- Assist you by giving you information about local services that can support you and your young person in the community and by making referrals on your behalf.
- Advise you on your rights regarding housing and benefits and can give information about respite care and short breaks.
- Work with families and carers where there are issues which are impacting on the young person’s ability to access their education here are Springhallow, such as transport, anxiety and/or other mental health issues.
- Working closely with Connexions and other organisations to give you advice about Transitions and options for your young person once they leave Springhallow Post-16.
- Support families who are struggling financially by ensuring you are receiving all of the benefits you are entitled to as well as making applications to grant making organisations, local furniture charities and by ordering weekly food parcels.