Welcome to Springhallow! Hello! I am Nisha Jain, the Family Support Worker at Springhallow and Springhallow Post-16.
• Working Hours: Monday – Friday from 8.30am – 3.30pm across both sites
• Contact details –
– Mobile number: 07534 40568
– Email address: [email protected] or [email protected]
My role here is to support both young people and their families. I am fluent in 5 languages: English, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali and Punjabi so I can also help students and their families with their language barriers.
I am here to:
- Assist students and families by liaising with professionals and range of services that would benefit you such as transition, further education, employment, Social Services, housing, transport CAMHS etc
- Assist students and their families by giving them information about local services that can support them within the community by making referrals on their behalf.
- Advise young learners and their families on their rights regarding housing and benefits. Provide them with information regarding respite care and short breaks.
- Support families and carers to resolve any issues which could impact the young person’s ability to access their education here at Springhallow. Example: transport related issues or any issues surrounding their mental health and well-being.
- Work closely with Connexions and other organisations to offer advice about Transitions and options for young people once they leave Springhallow Post-16.
- Support families who are struggling financially by ensuring they are receiving all the benefits they are entitled to.