Research and Autism:
Through research, the education and lives of people on the autistic spectrum have improved.
Research projects and their findings are only beneficial if they are embedded in practice.
At Springhallow we are aiming to put relevant research into practice and we have established and developed links to support this:
- University College London – PhD students embedded in school as a part of class team; working with Dr. Spencer Hayes and Dr. Daniel Clowes
- CRAE – webinars and courses https://crae.ioe.ac.uk/events/
- PLASN – R – Research Forum for the Pan London Autism Schools Network
- PLASN Literacy leaders forum – developing best practice guidance for teaching reading, communication and writing to pupils with autism
Benefits of Engagement with Research:
Builds our confidence to adapt standard programmes and procedures so that they really fit the needs of students at Springhallow
- Builds understanding of the wider and long term implications of teaching methods
- Links our day to day teaching to long term goals and outcomes
For details about how you can get involved with our current projects, please contact our Research Co Ordinator, Jenny Davis